April 28, 2009

beauty must-haves.

blondie's post about her newest beauty obsession, trish mcevoy's tube mascara reminded me of all the wonderful beauty products i've recently discovered and can't believe i've been living without! here's a few of my top faves:


i've mentioned before, the amazing twice daily bar ($20) from bioelements--i can't live w/out this! even the sponge is heavenly!

this is the brush i have (from ulta, $13), but really, any round ceramic brush will do. blondie introduced me to the world of straight voluminous hair and i am forever grateful!

dolce&gabbana light blue ($45, 0.8 oz). perfect summer scent. it smells of honeysuckle&granny smith apples. h actually picked this out!

essie's ballet slippers pale pink nail polish ($8). the perfect color.

kiehl's ultimate strength hand salve ($12.50, 2.5 oz). i got this as a free sample with my olive oil shampoo & conditioner (also WONDERFUL), and have been addicted ever since. it's moisturizing w/ absolutely no scent & no greasy residue. i'm obsessed. i don't go anywhere w/out it.

benefit creaseless eyeshadow in birthday suit ($19). it's only downfall is it comes in a heavy glass container, but i've been looking for this color for ages now. i have yet to find the perfect mascara (currently using lorac's lotsa lash, but i don't love it. suggestions?
my old staple, oiudad climate control heat&humidity gel ($22, 8 oz). wonderful light-weight gel for curly hair-this has worked wonders for me with both short & long hair!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

yeah! I want to smell that D&G perfume and I too also need a new brush. Next time I'm in York, you know where I'm headed! :)