February 25, 2009

i can smell the spring.

[heirloom tomatoes at the farmers market in evanston, illinois; august 2008]

it was a slightly warmer morning (50 degrees) and it only made me think of spring, which inevitably makes me think of summer. sd brought in his new cookbook, a platter of figs, which i found amusing, albeit pretentious. my favorite (and probably the least pretentious) recipe: sliced tomatoes with sea salt: you want 4 pounds ripe summer tomatoes, different colors if possible. choose heirlooms such as green zebra, brandywine, yellow taxi, mortgage lifter, cherokee purple, and lemon boy...
mmmm... warm weather, i am ready. ( :

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that picture!! I can't wait until we can go back to the farmer's market. It will be even more delicious this spring....